Thursday, March 28, 2013

Faith Hill and Tim McGraw concert

Some time in December I woke up around 10 (yes, I usually go to bed when the boys go to bed) and Eric was looking at his phone. He asked me if I wanted to go see the Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert that was opening up at the Venetian. I told him of course. He called the number that was on the email and got two FREE tickets to see the show. Score!!!
 
That night Jeff and Erica came to watch the boys while Eric and I went and had a great time at the concert. The concert was held where the Phantom of the Opera was played. This venue was specifically built for that show. It was funny to see a concert in a place like that. However, this concert felt so much more intimate than all of the other concerts I have been to. Thanks to Eric's boss we were able to get seats 10 rows from the stage and right in the middle. While waiting for the show to start I learned that every person in attendance was either an employee or family/friend of an employee for the Las Vegas Sands. The number that Eric called was a "hotline" for employees only to call during a three or four hour span of time. This was their pre-show so instead of making people pay to see the pre-show they invited employees to come watch. It was an amazing show!!! Faith Hill is completely gorgeous and very tall. However, in the picture I noticed how big her hands are, or the picture just makes them look that way. When I first noticed that Eric and I were walking down some stairs and I ended up almost falling the rest of the way down. Luckily Eric was there to catch me :)
 
Thanks to Erica and Jeff for watching the boys!! It is always good to get a break and spend time with Eric.
 
Here is the picture I was looking at.
 
 
 
Close to the end of the show Tim McGraw called up a guy from the audience. The guy came up to the stage. Tim McGraw started taking of his shoulder strap that was holding his guitar. He pulls a sharpie out of his pocket, signs the guitar and gives the guitar to the guy. One of the best moments of the night!! Only wish it had of been Eric or I :)
 
Here is a link that talks even more about the show and has pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment