Sunday, April 14, 2013

Testimony

Kade has always been on the shy side. In fact he is doing really well in all subjects except listening and speech. Once he started playing soccer he has been coming out of his "shell" a little more. Today was no exception. A little while ago Kade asked me if he could go up and bare his testimony. I knew I would have to go up so I talked him out of it and told him we would practice on what to say. Well, we didn't practice that much. Today at church I jokingly asked him if he was going to go give his testimony. He said yes. I told him if he did he would have to go alone because I was holding a sleeping baby and had to watch the other two monkeys. I asked him over and over if he knew what to say. He told me he did. He walked right up and waited his turn. Once he was in front of the microphone he was silent, which I expected. Before he went up I said a little prayer that he would make it through and that if he didn't know what to say that somebody in the bishopric would help him out. Sure enough on of the counselors helped him. I know Kade has a testimony. Next time I need to be ther with him because he would probably be more confident with knowing what to say. However, I really think, for his first time he did an AWESOME job! Connor especially thinks he did a great job. He was standing on the chair the entire time so he could see Kade. When Kade was all done he started clapping and saying "yea Kade". Kyle thought he did good to, but he kept saying "I am not going up there". What a great example to his little brothers! I am so proud of him for even getting up. Some people never get up there because it is so nerve racking. We will practice sharing our testimony at home too so when he wants to share it again he will know what to say. Great job buddy!! We love you!!
 
Side note....Lorenzo Snow is the prophet we are studing this year. I remember reading that everybody thought he had always been an outstanding speaker. He tells them that he actually started out by sharing his testimony that wasn't even a minute long. It happened the same way after that. Soon he started to let the Spirit guide his thoughts and he knew what to say. However, he had to practice. Maybe this is the beginning for Kade :) If he chooses to go on a mission when he is 18 he will need to have the confidence to share his testimony. Starting out this way will help him practice and gain that confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment