Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day this year was interesting!! The day before Valentine's Day we were finishing making heart sugar cookies to deliver to people. However, right after I put the last batch of cookies in I received a phone call. It was Eric's boss telling me that his other boss was taking him to the hospital. What???? She didn't tell me anything else except which hospital he was going to. I called my mom, who was also trying to get ready for Valentine's Day and told her about Eric and asked if she could watch the boys. She came over to pick up the three oldest. Since she did not have a car seat I took little Cam with me.
 
I hurried into the hospital. Eric's boss met me in the front and told me he was in ER. I went to see if I could go see him. I found out that I could, but I could not take Cam in with me. His boss was nice enough to stay with Cam while I went in to see him.  I looked around the room but could not see him. I soon found out that he was getting a CT scan done and that it would be awhile. So, I went back to the waiting area and said thank you to Eric's boss. I also told him I would call my brother to come pick up little Cam.
 
Soon after I called Jeff my mom decided to come down with the boys. Only my mom and Kade came in. They were able to stay with Cam while I went to check on Eric. He was in the room sitting on a chair trying to rest. He said he was in a lot of pain. While I was waiting for him I was almost in tears from wondering what was wrong. After talking to him he informed me that it was a kidney stone and it should pass soon. I know he was in a lot of pain, but I was relieved that it was not something more devestating. Soon after I came into the room he was able to get discharged. My mom took the boys for a couple hours while we went home. Eric and Cam fell fast asleep. I am glad Eric ended up being ok. He went to work the very next day, but then took that Friday off to rest.
 
Needless to say, I did not feel like doing everything I had planned for Valentine's Day. I instead decided to focus on the boys and make sure they had a good day. We didn't do much. They did get to open their presents (I can't remember what we got them) and eat their candy from the cute containers we bought them last year.  Kade was able to take Valentine's to school (instead of candy I found these really inexpensive Valentine bubbles that we taped to the card). He was really excited about that. Even though our Valentine's Day was really quiet one of the boys, I think Kade or Kyle, told me that it was the best Valentine's Day. I was happy they thought that.
 
Chloe was the only one that was completely ready for Valentine's Day. I thought she looked so cute so I posted her picture on Facebook and said "Our little girl is ready for Valentine's Day!"
 

My only picture of the boys together on Valentine's Day.
 


 
This was little Cam's very first Valentine's Day.
 


Connor being super excited for Valentine's Day.
 
 

For a Relief Society activity everyone was making these felt Valentine envelopes. What we are suppose to do, and we will do next year, is put a letter in them every day from February 1 to February 14. That way they get 14 days of "Love" letters. from Eric or I and their brothers. It will be a fun tradition. Valentine's Day is so much better with kids!!
 
Here is Kade with his fun Valentine Jar and envelope.
 

 
Every year, two days after Valentine's Day is the anniversary of Eric and I meeting. It is incredible that it has been 9 years since I walked into the church for an FHE and saw my prince charming standing there. So very grateful I decided to go to that activity, especially after I had a terrible Valentine's Day. Meeting Eric has been the best Valentine present ever!!!!

Right before Valentine's Day I took the boys to get their hair cut. There was these funny glasses and so I put them on the boys. Cam looks so cute in them!




Connor pouting about something :(


Eric bought me these shoes for Valentine's Day in red and black. I LOVE them!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment